Monday, January 22, 2007

Aaaaaand, now it's awkward.

I tend to be pretty easygoing. When a coworker of mine stopped coming to work for unexplained "personal reasons", which we figured was probably stress from work and a divorce, I rolled with the extra work that meant for me. When he stopped even contacting work and was gone for 3-4 months, I was annoyed, but I had a sense of humor about it. When he came back and was not immediately able to take back the extra work from me (several months of severe clinical depression can take a lot out of a guy), I figured "Hey, maybe I'll need someone to be patient with me some time (all the fucking time, who am I kidding)."

But now, when I return from lunch and get a phone call at MY (not his!) desk from a grown man with three children's mother-in-law looking frantically for him as I tell her he's probably at lunch, and then she calls again to give me her number and say that its vital that I call her as soon as I see him... and then he doesn't come back to work in the afternoon or call to say he'll be gone. OK. Now I'm weirded out. I don't even know how this bitch got my number.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ummmm that is one of the weirdest work stories I've ever heard...