Monday, January 29, 2007

I have until 8/10/2007 before Emissions are a problem too.

Today I was pulled over as I pulled into a shopping plaza on my way home from work. I was, at the time, committing no moving violation of any sort. I was traveling within the speed limit (thanks to red lights and drivers in front of me), I signaled for my turns, and pulled over within seconds of seeing the flashing lights. Astounding then how many motoring "no-no's" I was committing at the moment. Here is the list:

1) My registration has expired. This was the reason I was pulled over to begin with. Apparently they color code the stickers on your license plate to make this possible.

2) The address on my driver's license is for my parents' house. I have not lived there since October 2005.

3) I have failed to place a current insurance card in my glove compartment (the one in there has expired).

4) This didn't come up, but I'm almost positive I should have my eyeglasses prescription increased.

5) This also didn't come up, but the last major frost apparently was made of dust and glue, and every attempt to wash my windows/side-view mirrors recently has met with frozen squeegee recepticles.

Luckily, the kind, polite, and attractive female member of Rocky Hill's finest (Officer Bilotto is totally Hott-o) did not have my vehicle towed. Instead, it was forbidden to leave the Stop & Shop/Wal-Mart/GameStop(the reason I was there) plaza until I visit the DMV and rectify the fact that I am "Oper. while un- registered" ("STAT./ORD. NO. 14-120*"), an offense worth $93.00 in Rocky Hill, CT. Plus the cost of the re-registration. Plus late fee.

No comments: